Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My siblings are gay what can I do?

clip_image001[4]clip_image002[4]

clip_image003[4]clip_image005[4] clip_image006[4]clip_image007[4]clip_image008[4]clip_image009[4]clip_image010[4]clip_image012[4] clip_image014[4]
Get Twitter Buttons

My siblings are gay what can I do?

Click any button or banner above to go to more info

gays4jesus: A sister’s brother and sister come out to her and want to know how to witness effectively to them.

From: miss****@aol.com [mailto:miss****@aol.com]
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2009 10:37 AM
To: stablesministries@gays4jesus.com
Subject: I Need Some Help...

Hello,

gays4jesus: hi back

I stumbled across your site by accident in a very interesting time in my life.

gays4jesus: another word for stumbled is God sent you. . . Praise Jesus

clip_image016[4] While I, personally, am straight, I have come across many gays and lesbians in my life from my best friend coming out to me when we were 13 to my little sister (who is 16 now) coming out to me and my brother just a few short weeks ago.

gays4jesus: Often Christians have to come to grips with the gay issues when they discover someone close to them is gay. It looks like you got a bunch all at once. I guess that means they trust you a lot.

I am Christian and I try to talk to my little sister about my church and Jesus and the wonderful life you can lead when you trust in God but she doesn't really want to hear it.

gays4jesus: Understandable since usually only info many gays have about God and the Bible is gay is sin and you must change to be a Christian.

clip_image018[4]clip_image020[4]

This is mainly because of the church and the Bibles views on homosexuality.


gays4jesus: This dates back a little over 700 years ago when a few power Catholic leaders invented the anti-gay doctrine so they could create scandal to purge other leaders from high office that did not have the same ideals. At a very young age you are taught this false doctrine.

Now I must admit, until I came to your site I had never in my life heard anyone claim homosexuality was not a sin or that the Bible spoke positively on it at all (if at all) so I was intrigued and wanted to get some information to share with my sister and my best friend (who is also skeptical about the Christian lifestyle).

gays4jesus: One Assemblies of God pastor’s wife told me once that she did not know there was another side of the story she just thought the one sided anti-gay was it so never thought to research it herself just accepting her pastor husband’s word on it. Today there are tons of site and information on the other side of the story.

The “skeptical about Christian lifestyle” you stated is not clear as to was it because it’s generally condemns gays, or like your average unbeliever just needs to hear the Gospel and what ways you can do this effectively? And yes many positive verses about gays in the Bible. These are hard to find only because homophobes looks for sex not people. The Bible talks a lot about str8s, though plenty of sex talk about them most is not about sex at all and yet it seems pretty easy to grasp str8s are people and have stories other than sex.

I've tried to tell them that God loves everyone and created each and every one of us,

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (KJV)

clip_image021[4] but they think it's just me spewing my Jesus stuff in an attempt to get them to church.

gays4jesus: Many Christians do just that spew out their Jesus stuff and they can’t speak to anyone unless it is a verse or a halleluiah or Glory to God phrases. In real life that is not very personal at all. People have concerns and they have their life and their world circles around them. Jesus has to be personal to them and shouting phrases and quoting verses may have quite the opposite effect on someone you want to find Jesus or go fellowship with you in a church.

What can I say to them to convince them that Jesus loves them and is ready to accept them however they come to Him?

gays4jesus: Well know by heart the sinner’s prayer (not to just rattle it off, but in preparation to have someone pray it when it comes time).

clip_image023[4]To accept Jesus pray this prayer:

God be merciful to me a sinner! I believe Christ died on the Cross for me, that God rose him on the 3rd day, and that His Precious Blood will cleanse me from all my sins. Forgive me of my sins and come into my heart as my Lord and my Savior. Help me Lord to do thy will each day. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen

Have some verses handy when the time is right and they have those kinds of questions. I have a list just click the picture “Get Saved”.

Your personal testimony is certainly interesting and one that I will be sharing with them but any scriptures you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

clip_image025

gays4jesus: When you accept Jesus he starts a personal relationship with you. Like a mother may hold her new born starting a personal relationship when her child is born and her never ending love for her new babies no matter how old they grow to be or what trouble they get in and their joys are her joys.

Testimony is one of the best tools of any religion. Christianity it is especially special because as a Christian we have a personal life with Jesus Christ. We can actually put the Bible down and just tell people what Jesus is doing in your life just like you could tell someone what you are your friends did today or last week or a year ago. Jesus is real.

Thank you for helping shed light on the issues of gays who want to come to God but don't know how. I look forward to hearing from you.

Angelica

gays4jesus: Hope I have been of some help and God bless you through Jesus Christ.

John

No comments: